Occupational Health, Safety & Welfare Policy Statement
NT Kerbing Constructions recognises its moral and legal responsibility, in particular to the Occupational Health, Safety and Welfare Act 1986 and Regulations, 1995 and to the Workers Rehabilitation and Compensation Act, 1986, to provide a safe and healthy work environment for employees, contractors, customers and visitors.
The policy aims to:
- Provide safe plant and systems of work
- Provide written procedures and instruction to ensure safe systems of work are implemented
- Ensure compliance with legislative requirements and current industry standards
- Provide employees, contractors and customers with regular information, instruction, training and supervision to ensure their safety
- Provide support mechanisms which will assist employees with maintaining or improving their psychological and physical health
- To work towards constant continuous improvement in safety and quality.
NT Kerbing Constructions recognises that management have the overall responsibility to provide a safe workplace. All management representatives will be held accountable for implementing this policy in their area of responsibility. Management responsibilities are contained in detail in the accompanying HSE&W procedure however in brief are as follows:
- Providing and maintaining the workplace in a safe condition
- Ensuring all HSE polices and procedures are implemented
- Actively promoting and being involved in those policies and procedures
- Providing the resources to meet their HSE commitment
Employees, contractors, subcontractors, clients, visitors and any other persons who may enter or be working on the NT Kerbing Constructions work sites will ensure that they:
- Follow all HSE procedures and safe work instructions
- Report all hazards to their supervisor
- Wear personal protective equipment and clothing as instructed
NT Kerbing Constructions is committed to encouraging consultation and co operation between management and employees. It will formally involve elected employee health and safety representatives in any workplace change which will affect the health and safety of employees in any workplace.